Renaissance Learning Light House Program
Taking the very best of Renaissance Learning, and applying it to all students. Every day.
In a transformed school, optimism is palpable. The air bristles with energy, enthusiasm, and excitement. A feeling of positive momentum permeates the hallways. With a Renaissance School Excellence partnership, you can experience sustainable, cultural transformation—without turning your world upside down. We'll work as a team to make the most of your assets and our vast experience to create a new culture of learning.
Experience Schoolwide Reading Excellence
Accelerated Reader Enterprise is the cornerstone of a comprehensive reading plan called 35Z90. Based on recent research and proven effective by educators in tens of thousands of schools, this plan gets its name from the primary benchmarks that help you lead all your students to reading success.
- 35: Thirty-five minutes of deliberate reading practice per school day for all K12 students
- Z: Ensuring that this practice is within each student's personalized reading level—Called the Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD)
- 90: Reading comprehension level of at least 90%
In addition to Accelerated Reader Enterprise, 35Z90 also includes regular interim assessment through the use of STAR Enterprise computer-adaptive tests, increased parent communication and community involvement made possible with Renaissance Home Connect, and the implementation of AR Best Practices learned through ongoing professional development.
Experience Schoolwide Excellence in Math
In recent years, considerable research has gone into determining the key factors for success in math. The Z4 plan is based upon this research. The Z4 name comes from the primary benchmarks for building students' skill base in math:
- Z: Ensuring that all practice is within, but at the frontier of, each student's current achievement level—called the Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD)
- 4: Sufficient time will be dedicated to master each of the four (4) math facts operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and four (4) math objectives per week
In addition to Accelerated Math Enterprise, Z4 also includes regular interim assessment through the use of STAR Math Enterprise computer-adaptive test, math facts practice to build automaticity with MathFacts in a Flash, increased parent and community involvement made possible with Renaissance Home Connect, and the implementation of Accelerated Math Best Practices learned through ongoing professional development.
Experience Schoolwide Writing Excellence
The NEO plan is based on the principles that are the foundation of the reading (35Z90) and math (Z4) plans. The NEO plan directly supports those plans while extending their scope to include writing.
The principles of all three plans include:
- A solid base of early skills—the cognitive framework upon which advanced skills are built.
- Extensive practice to improve any skill—reading, math, and writing
- Ongoing professional development—one of the keys to continuing success
The NEO plan is not a new writing curriculum. Instead, it aims to amplify or "supercharge" an existing curriculum. Its different components touch nearly every aspect of the elements of effective writing instruction. Writing, in turn, helps develop reading ability as well as fostering learning and higher-order thinking skills in every academic area. Success in writing is also highly motivational in itself. So, an investment in writing is an investment in overall school improvement.
Here is the list of programs we are utilizing at Lotus
- STAR Reading (adaptive computurized test) (1-12 grades)
- STAR Math (adaptive computurized test) (1-12 grades)
- STAR Early Literay Test (K-2)
- Accelerated Reader Program
- Accelerated Math Program
- Math Fact in a Flash (MFIAF)
- Neo2 implementation, each Neo2 has the following feature that your child can benefit
- Full keyboarding with built in typing software
- Wirelessly send and receive files to and from tecahers's computers (getting rid of paper clutter)
- Built in Responder technology
- Built in MFIAF practice and on line mode
- Take Accelerated Math tests through their Neo2's
- Take Accelerated Reader tests through their Neo2's
- Renaissance Home conncent for parent access to student progress
for more information please go to Renaissance Learning's Website
Parent can access their students progress with Reneissance Productuct though Renaissance Home Connect
Please contact our office for your username and password