Lotus School will admit all students, on a space-available basis, will not charge tuition and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, or athletic performance.
- LSE will not enroll students over 19 years of age unless continuously enrolled in public schools and making satisfactory progress toward high school diploma.
- There is no requirement of residence for the student, or for the student’s parent or guardian.
Lotus School will hold a public lottery to select the students to be admitted.
- In the lottery, all names are drawn and listed in order separately for each grade level. Any sibling of the student automatically gains the privilege to be admitted with him/her.
- Admission of the sibling(s) is due to availability of space in the respective grade.
- Once the school capacity is exceeded, the remaining students are listed in the waiting list. The students who do not apply in the regular lottery period are added to the end of the waiting list in the order they applied.
The vacancies after the first enrollment period are filled with the students in the waiting list in the second enrollment period. In the following years, the siblings of the students have the privilege of admission before the lottery. For the remaining vacancies a lottery will be held. Above principles also hold for this lottery.
Notifications of Admission
Notifications of admission status will be mailed to all applicants. Enrollment packets will be sent to admitted students; students not admitted will be informed of their waiting list priority number as determined by the admissions lottery. If the applicant number is lower than the spaces available we will be serving the students in the order the completed applications were received.
If the enrollment forms are not returned within two weeks, then admission for that student is forfeited and an admission notice will be mailed to the next student on the waiting list.
Waiting List Notification
Students on the waiting list will be notified by mail immediately if space becomes available and they will have two weeks to return the enrollment forms. If the enrollment forms are not returned within two weeks, then admission for that student is forfeited, and an admission notice will be mailed to the next student on the waiting list.